Cynata Therapeutics Limited (ASX:CYP)
Managing Director and CEO Dr Ross Macdonald provides an overview of the company's stem cell manufacturing platform, commercialisation pathway and strategy.Key points:
- Developing a novel therapeutic stem cell (MSC) technology: CymerusTM
- World-first Phase I clinical trial commenced in Graft vs Host disease (GvHD); sites in UK and Australia
- Strategic partnership with Japanese regenerative medicine company, Fujifilm Corporation
- License option agreement with apceth GmbH & Co. KG for several disease target areas - Strong balance sheet: cash runway into 2019 based on current projections
- Compelling preclinical data from a range of animal proof-of-concept studies in asthma, heart attack and critical limb ischemia.
- Broad commercial potential in a range of diseases including stroke, heart disease and osteoarthritis
- Regenerative medicine industry expected to grow to over $53.7 billion by 2021.