Drilling Confirms Continuing Deeper Prospects at Kurnalpi
- Assays on holes 37 - 64 received.
- Results continue to meet expectations and confirm good grades and widths continuing at depth as drilling progresses north
- Best results from new holes include: 11m @ 4.76g/t, 11m @3.52g/t and 13m @2.18g/t Au
- Results confirm potential for robust economics of an open pit mining operation
- Work to continue at Kurnalpi on the Dazzle and Sparkle deposits in August
Carrick Gold Limited (ASX:CRK) is pleased to release further results from drilling at the Company's Brilliant deposit at Kurnalpi, which is one of three project areas making up the flagship LKK Project.
Further to the announcement on 21 July 2011, results have now been received for holes 37-64 in the 12,000m program at the Brilliant deposit. Due to the large number of results it is not practical to quote the higher grades within the composited results. Results are tabulated in Table 1, and highlights include:
13m @2.18g/t from 59m
7m @3.92g/t from surface
11m @4.76g/t from 64m
18m @1.44g/t from 108m
11m @ 3.52g from 56m
The results show the continuation of mineralisation at depth as the drilling progresses north. The good grades and widths seen in the results will provide a platform for sound economics from open pit mining.
CEO John McKinstry commented “The consistency of the results, as we approach the middle of the deposit, shows that our geologists have done a great job on the interpretation of the geology. These results together with those now being entered into the database from previous drilling will give us great confidence in our Resource estimate."
Download this document