Race Oncology Limited (ASX:RAC) CEO Peter Molloy presents on the company's Investigational New Drug (IND) Application with the US FDA for its leukemia drug candidate, Bisantrene at FNN's Investor Event.
- Bisantrene is a small-molecule cancer drug
- It kills proliferating cancer cells, like acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- AML is caused by myeloblasts and a shortage of white blood cells
- Leukemia treatment has not changed significantly in 30 years
- Bisantrene is a finished product manufactured in San Diego, CA. U.S.A
- Rare paediatric disease designation in U.S.
- Expect to file IND for pivotal study in 2019 for the treatment of AML
For more, watch the CEO Peter Molloy present.