Growthpoint Properties Australia Limited (ASX:GOZ) Chief Operating Officer Aaron Hockly talks track record, portfolio metrics and strategy.
Growthpoint (GOZ) is an ASX-listed landlord with a mandate to invest in Australian office, industrial and retail real property with a portfolio currently valued at $A3.2 billion. FY17 higlights include:
- Over $1.1bn in transactions since start of FY17, includes $584 million in acquisitions and $350 million in divestments
- Lowered gearing to 39 per cent
- Extended average debt maturity to 5 years
- Improved gender diversity (43% of employees are female)
- Seven leases executed since June 2017, totaling 21,213 sqm, Heads of agreement signed for over 60,000 sqm
- Primary objective for 2018 is to increase distributions for Security holders. To be achieved via disciplined financial growth, investment opportunities in the Eastern Seaboard, capital management and prudent risk mitigation, monitoring and management embedded throughout organisation