Quarterly Fact Sheet - December 2020
‘The Ausbil Australian Emerging Leaders Fund1 is a concentrated portfolio of mid and small cap Australian shares, which possess potential for superior growth.’
The Fund aims to outperform the benchmark over the medium to long term. The Strategy invests in a portfolio of listed Australian equities that are primarily chosen from the S&P/ASX 300 Index, but generally exclude securities from the S&P/ASX 50 Index.
Key features of the strategy
• Invest in 30-40 quality mid to small cap Australian companies
• The process favours companies with positive earnings and earnings revision profiles
• Aims to provide investors with long-term capital growth with income
Key benefits of the strategy
• Exposure to quality industrial and resource shares
• Managed by Ausbil’s skilled and multi-award winning investment team
• Access to mid to small cap securities that may not be researched by major broking houses
We classify ourselves as ‘core’; wherein at certain stages of the cycle the portfolio may have a value or growth tilt as markets provide opportunities for particular types of stocks to enjoy earnings growth. Ausbil employs a four-stage process to provide the framework for portfolio construction consistent with its investment philosophy. The process is summarised in the diagram below:
Latest investment report
The Australian Emerging Leaders Fund is an actively managed Australian equity fund managed against a composite benchmark (consisting of 70% S&P/ASX Mid Cap 50 Accumulation Index and 30% S&P/ASX Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index). The Fund invests in a portfolio of small/mid capitalisation Australian shares, assessed by our investment team to provide the greatest opportunities of appreciation over the coming 12 months. The aim of the Fund is to outperform the benchmark over the medium to long term.
Click here for the latest report.
9 Oct 2018
09 Oct 2018 - Ausbil Australian Emerging Leaders Fund Portfolio Manager and Co-Head of Equities John Grace provides an overview of the portfolio, changes post reporting season and outlook for the second half.