Quarterly Fact Sheet - December 2020
‘Ausbil’s Active Sustainable Equity Fund1 is predominantly made up of Australian shares, which meet Ausbil’s sustainable approach to investing’
The Fund aims to achieve returns (before fees and taxes) in excess of the benchmark over the long term by primarily investing in listed Australian companies which meet Ausbil’s sustainable approach to investing. There is no guarantee that this objective will be achieved.
Key features of the strategy
• Invest in 30-45 listed companies primarily selected from the S&P/ASX 200 Index
• Process favours companies with a relatively good sustainable profile and are not subject to long-term earnings sustainability risk
• Companies with material direct or indirect exposure to the following ‘controversial activities’ are excluded: the production or distribution of alcohol, tobacco5, gambling, pornography; and weapons & armaments6; or the mining of thermal coal7 and uranium
Key benefits of the strategy
• Exposure to companies with a sustainable approach, satisfying a range of environmental, social and corporate governance considerations
• Managed by Ausbil’s multi-award winning investment team
We classify ourselves as ‘core’; wherein at certain stages of the cycle the portfolio may have a value or growth tilt as markets provide opportunities for particular types of stocks to enjoy earnings growth. Ausbil employs a four-stage process to provide the framework for portfolio construction consistent with its investment philosophy. The process is summarised in the diagram below:
Latest investment report
Click here for the latest report.
17 Feb 2021
17 Feb 2021 - Ausbil’s Active Sustainable Equity Fund Portfolio Manager Nicholas Condoleon and Ausbil Investment Management's Head of ESG Research Måns Carlsson talk about the composition of the fund, the exclusion of fossil fuels, returns and themes in ESG investing and the 3 year anniversary.
25 Nov 2019
25 Nov 2019 - Ausbil Investment Management Head of ESG Research, Måns Carlsson-Sweeny, talks about his work with companies combating slavery in investment supply chains and his input into the Commonwealth’s Modern Slavery Act (2018).
20 Nov 2019
20 Nov 2019 - Ausbil Investment Management Chief Investment Officer, Paul Xiradis and Ausbil Head of ESG Research, Måns Carlsson-Sweeny, provide an update on the Ausbil Active Sustainable Equity fund’s performance, talk about what the fund looks for in businesses that fit the description of "sustainable", and discuss how these characteristics provide long-term above-market returns.
30 Oct 2018
30 Oct 2018 - Ausbil Investment Management, Head of ESG Research, Mans Carlsson-Sweeny & CIO, Head of Equities & Portfolio Manager, Ausbil Active Sustainable Equities Fund, Paul Xiradis talk sustainable business and investing for the long term.