- Pancontinental has mapped extensive high-potential and oil-prone turbidite fan “fairways” in its PEL 87 Block, offshore Namibia.
- PEL 87 covers 10,947 km2 and is highly prospective for oil. Pancontinental is the project Operator, with a 75% interest.
- Oil generating source rocks are evident from modern well control.
- Individual traps may cover 100’s of km2, with geology and oil volume potential similar to large on-trend oil fields offshore West Africa.
- Industry interest is gaining momentum in the high-potential oil play developing offshore Namibia.
Commenting on exploration progress in PEL 87, Pancontinental CEO John Begg said:
“I am very pleased to report that early mapping in our new PEL 87 project shows a variety of exciting, large exploration fairways each with the clear potential for multiple traps holding very large volumes of oil."
For further information please download PDF attached:
Download this document