Lithium Power International, Activity Report for the Quarter Ended June 2018 | Finance News Network

Media ReleasesLithium Power International

View All Lithium Power International News


Lithium Power International, Activity Report for the Quarter Ended June 2018

Lithium Power International Limited (ASX:LPI) (“LPI” or “the Company”) is pleased to submit its quarterly Activity Report for the period ended 30 June 2018.

HIGHLIGHTS

- LPI’s Chilean JV company, MSB, selected GEA Messo of Germany, a globally recognised supplier to the lithium industry, to provide the basic engineering documentation for the planned Lithium Carbonate Plant. This will be based on proven GEA technology, and it will complete the additional detailed process test work for the Maricunga Lithium Project’s Definitive Feasibility Study being undertaken by Worley Parsons.

- LPI entered into an agreement to increase its ownership in the Maricunga Joint Venture to 51%, with documentation to be completed in August 2018. Significant MSB shareholder, Mr Martin Borda, and MSB’s CEO, Mr Cristobal Garcia-Huidobro, agreed to join LPI’s board as non-executive directors.

- The Maricunga Lithium Project’s EIA submission is close to completion and will be submitted during the current quarter.

- The Chilean Mining Ministry confirmed that MSB could now formally request a Special Lithium Operation Contract (“CEOL”) be granted over its new code mining concessions on the Maricunga salar for future exploitation.

- 70% of the Centenario lithium project in northern Argentina was retained by LPI as the majority joint venture partner, with the remaining 30% sold to Centenario Lithium Limited. Recent geophysical surveys indicated the presence of an extensive brine body throughout the tenements, which will be drill tested once the necessary government permits are received.


To view Report please download PDF attached:
Download this document