NEW AREAS OF MINERALISATION DELINEATED BY DRILLING IN THE BOSETO ZONE
- Multiple zones of high grade copper mineralisation defined by deep drilling at the Plutus Deposit.
- Assay results received from the remaining 8 holes of an 11 hole deep drilling programme.
- Assay results confirm copper – silver mineralisation continues to depths in excess of 350 metres along 7 kilometres of strike.
- The mineralised intercepts include:
Hole PSDD1254 6.2m @ 1.4% Cu & 15.3 g/t Ag Including 2.7m @ 2.4% Cu & 29.3 g/t Ag
Hole PSDD1251 13.3m@ 0.9% Cu & 10.1 g/t Ag Including 3.0m @ 1.9% Cu & 26.0 g/t Ag
- 3 additional diamond drill holes have now been drilled to further test 1,200 metres of strike length between holes PSDD187 and PSRD1250 in an area where initial drilling results suggest potential for underground mining.
- These 3 holes all intersected copper silver mineralisation at approximately 250 metres below surface and assay results are expected during August 2011.
- Further drilling required to complete assessment of potential for underground mineral resources at Plutus is planned to commence late in 2011.
- Encouraging drill results at the 7km long Selene Prospect in the Boseto Zone provide potential to develop additional open pit mineral resources that could contribute to increased production and/or mine life at the Boseto Copper Project.
- Assay results received for 37 drill holes at Selene (28 Reverse Circulation & 9 Diamond) completed as part of 42 hole programme.
- All 42 holes have intersected copper-silver mineralisation at depths below surface of between 25 metres and 200 metres along a strike length of more than 7 kilometres.
- Significant intercepts include:
Hole SLDD1288 5.2m @ 2.2% Cu & 10.2 g/t Ag
Hole SLRC1302 7.0m @ 1.8% Cu & 45.4 g/t Ag
Hole SLRC1303 5.0m @ 1.6% Cu & 22.8 g/t Ag
Hole SLRC 1276 5.0m @ 1.4% Cu & 30.2 g/t Ag
Hole SLRC1290 7.0m @ 1.2% Cu & 13.7 g/t Ag
Including 4.0m @ 1.8% Cu & 20.3 g/t Ag
- Assay results for the remaining 5 holes are expected to be available in August 2011.
Download this document