- Hazelwood’s majority owned ATC Ferrotungsten Project in Vietnam has met another final installation and commissioning target with the installation of the outer refractory layer of bricks inside the furnace shell.
- The inner refractory lining of the ferrotungsten furnace, which consists of ferrotungsten metal, will be installed during hot commissioning which is expected to take place in June. Orders for the first fill materials are imminent.
- Electrode arms are in position on their hydraulic rams.
- Electrical connection to the EVN transmission grid is almost complete.
- Construction of the third storey of the site office and administration building is underway.
- A team of 30 experienced Chinese installation engineers are working through final installation and mechanical and electrical commissioning for targeted first production by June 2011.
For further information please download PDF below: