20 March 2015
Minimum initial investment
Minimum additional contributions
1.25% per annum
(including GST, net of Reduced Input Tax Credit)
0.15% on application
0.15% on withdrawal
MSCI All Country World Index
(net dividends reinvested) (A$)
Typical number of stocks
Minimum suggested investment timeframe
Risk level (expected volatility)
The Fund is not hedged to the Australian dollar
Valuation and pricing
The unit price for the Fund is usually calculated as at the end of each NSW business day
The fund aims to deliver a return that exceeds the MSCI All Country World Index (Net Dividends Reinvested) (A$) (the Benchmark), before fees, over 7 year periods.
Intermede believes that companies with good management and strong market positions in attractive industries will outperform if their shares are bought at the right price.
The team engages in intensive bottom-up research to find investment opportunities in mid and large capitalisation companies, across developed and emerging markets.
The Fund is a concentrated portfolio of approximately 40–50 companies.
Intermede looks for companies that meet some or all of the following criteria:
- a sustainable competitive advantage eg a dominant position in their industry
- a superior business model eg their costs grow more slowly than revenue
- an excellent management team eg proven track record and clear strategy for growth, and
- a price lower than Intermede’s valuation for the company.
Prior to establishing Intermede, most members of the investment team worked together, applying a consistent investment approach to managing global equity funds. They bring this same approach and philosophy to their new business and fund.
1 Investment expertise
Intermede uses an investment approach that the Portfolio Manager has applied to managing global equities funds for many years, through many types of market conditions including the global financial crisis. Intermede believes that by using this investment approach, the Fund can outperform its Benchmark.
2 Focuses on long-term growth
Intermede buys companies for the Fund with the intention of holding for the long term.
3 Single investment strategy
The team has a single focus – global equities – as they believe this will deliver the best outcomes for clients.
The Fund may be suited to you, if you…
- want to invest in a portfolio of companies from around the world managed by a specialist global equities manager
- want to invest in a portfolio focused on long-term capital growth
- can tolerate fluctuations of income and the risk of capital loss, and
- are comfortable having foreign currency exposure ie currency risk.