- New family of drug candidates inhibit the ‘master switch’ involved in inflammation and autoimmunity
- Able to cross the blood-brain barrier and blood-nerve barriers
- Opens development of treatments of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases of the brain and peripheral nerves
- Multiple sclerosis and peripheral neuropathies identified as potential clinical targets
- Patent applications lodged
- Development being fast-tracked.
Sydney, 24 September 2018: Noxopharm (ASX:NOX) (the ‘Company’) and its majority-owned subsidiary, Nyrada, have discovered a way to inhibit IRAK4, a protein widely regarded as the ‘master switch’ in the development of many forms of chronic inflammation including autoimmune diseases.
For further information please download PDF attached:
Download this document