- Activities during the quarter were focused on preparations for the commencement of mining operations and completion of any outstanding construction tasks.
- The mining, truck and haulage fleet was commissioned, initial mining areas prepared and recruitment of site-based staff largely achieved.
- After the quarter end, mining commenced on the BH6 deposit with the first ocean going vessel arriving at Skardon River on 19 April.
- The prolonged and late wet season (including Tropical Cyclone Nora in late March) resulted in a delay to commencement of production. However, there is no change to the 2018 production guidance of approximately 2 million wet metric tonnes (wmt) of bauxite.
- Metro’s available cash on hand as at 31 March 2018 was A$17.1M. Drawn debt facilities totalled A$39.6M.
To view Report please download PDF attached:
Download this document