- Highly experienced process company GEA has produced the first samples of lithium carbonate from Maricunga brine
- Initial sample has a purity of 99.4% lithium carbonate and very low cation concentrations, consistent with production of battery grade lithium carbonate with specifications similar to those produced in Chile by Albemarle and SQM
- The Maricunga project is one of less than half a dozen pre-production brine projects with lithium carbonate samples produced and has the highest lithium grade of these projects
- WorleyParsons is well advanced with the Definitive Feasibility Study
- The environmental impact assessment for the project is progressing towards submission in the 1st quarter 2018
Lithium Power International Limited (ASX:LPI) (“LPI” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that the first lithium carbonate sample has been produced from Maricunga brine for the Maricunga Joint Venture company (MSB) using the optimised process being developed by experienced process company GEA of Germany.
For further information please download PDF attached:
Download this document