- Major 3.7 fold increase of high grade Measured, Indicated and Inferred resource to 2.15 million tonnes (Mt) of lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE) and 5.7 Mt potassium chloride (KCl) to a depth of 200m in accordance with JORC Code (2012)
- 80% Measured and Indicated resource estimate for 1.72 Mt of LCE and 4.5 Mt of KCl with a 20% Inferred resource of 0.43 Mt of LCE and 1.2 Mt KCl
- High quality resource, with one of the highest average resource concentrations globally of 1,160 mg/l lithium and 8,500 mg/l potassium, with very favourable porosity and permeability which are essential for resource extraction
- Moderate magnesium/lithium ratio of 6.5, comparable to the Salar de Atacama, with a very low sulphate/lithium ratio of 0.8
- Process test work advancing, with preliminary engineering and design underway and a pre-feasibility study targeted for release in 4Q CY17
Lithium Power International Limited (ASX:LPI) (“LPI” or “the Company”) is pleased to provide details of the updated resource estimate from drilling at the Maricunga lithium brine project in northern Chile by the Maricunga Joint Venture (MJV).
For further information please download PDF attached:
Download this document