• Pilot production line for manufacturing the BEST Battery has been set up, which is the first and only one of its kind.
• The pilot production line is able to manufacture a commercial prototype of BEST Battery that meets the industrial requirements and standards.
• Single layer BEST Battery is able to hold LED light for 15-20 minutes on only several seconds of charging time, as shown on the Ragone Plot.
• Eight layer prototype achieved. Scale-up work continuing with steady improvements in performance.
• Continuing optimisation of design aspects and processes, and the use of raw materials to improve efficiencies in both cost and performance.
• Prototype designs for graphene-based flexible smart watchbands that will offer enormous advantageous over existing watches in weight, charging times and battery life.
Advanced materials company, First Graphene Limited (“FGR” or “the Company”) (ASX:FGR) is pleased to provide an update on its work with the Swinburne University of Technology (SUT) on the development of the BEST Battery. FGR is earning a 70% interest in Graphene Solutions Pty Ltd, the company which has contracted with the Swinburne University of Technology to advance the supercapacitor technology.
For further information please download PDF attached:
Download this document