Condor Appoints Laurence Freedman AM Chairman
Condor Nickel Ltd (ASX:CNR) today announced the appointment of Laurence Freedman AM as Chairman, replacing the Interim Non-executive Chairman, Dr. Brian Martin.
Dr. Martin said he was very pleased to be passing the Chairmanship to Mr. Freedman at this important stage of the Company's development.
"Condor has recently been undergoing substantial transformation following the unexpected death of its founder and Chairman, Frank Carr, in June this year," Dr.Martin said.
"Mr.Carr's death left a substantial gap in the corporate structure which I believe will be well-filled by Mr.Freedman," he said.
Mr.Freedman said that the upheavals of the past few months, following the death of Mr.Carr, were now over.
"The board of Condor now comprises five individuals of different complimentary skills," Mr. Freedman said.
The Directors now comprise of:
- Mr Laurence Freedman AM, who brings substantial expertise in resources, investment management and as a director of public companies internationally;
- Ms Elaine Carr, who has knowledge of the history of the company. Ms Carr is also company Secretary;
- Ross Gillon, who brings a wealth of legal experience;
- Dr. Brian Martin, who holds a doctorate in geochemistry and brings the board a significant career spanning mining consulting, project and resource financing, banking, research analysis and policy development;
- Mr. Robert Schuitema, who is an experienced international resource industry investment banker and company director.
"The Company remains focused on the exploration and development of three main projects which are highly-prospective for iron ore, manganese and nickel," Mr. Freedman said.
"The company is well-positioned with cash at bank of over $4 million, with no debt, as it continues to explore its iron ore targets located 450 kilometers north of Kalgoorlie," he said.
"Recent exploration the Company's Dingo Range target, confirmed the presence of significant iron enrichment in surface gravels and rock outcrops over a strike distance of approximately 40 kilometres."
"The Dingo Range tenements are now the focus of the Company's drilling activity to assess if sufficient quantity of deposit exists to be 'Direct Shipping Ore', which does not require significant processing."
Condor Nickel Limited (ASX:CNK) is in the process of establishing a senior executive team in order to add depth to management and carry out its stated goals.